sjbcathedral.org.uk is committed to ensuring its website is accessible to all visitors by strictly adhering to the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) and following the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) where possible in the following ways:
- Plain English is used throughout the website to ensure that all content is clear, simple and easy to understand.
- Clear fonts and text are used throughout the site in order to be readable for all users. Pages can be zoomed/magnified using normal browser controls or text can be re-sized using the display options provided.
- A high contrast version of the site is available through the display options for users who require a stronger colour scheme to make text easier to read.
- A Low bandwidth option is offered to users with slower internet connections.
- Semantic, standards compliant HTML is used throughout the site and all content is presented in a logical order. All pages can be viewed without the use of CSS ensuring that text-reading software functions effectively.
- Progressive Enhancement is used to ensure that the website is viewable across different operating systems and in browsers ranging from the most basic text-only browsers to the most modern latest versions.
If you have any difficulty viewing this website or would like give us any feedback which could be used to enhance its accessibility then please let us know.